About the business
Woodlands Enterprises is a long-standing Sunshine Coast poultry farming business. Please refer to our website www.woodlandsfeed.com.au for more information on the business.
About the role
This is a unique role that requires someone that has experience working at this level previously or looking to take the next step in their poultry career.
The Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of; production, quality assurance, Workplace Health and Safety within the Hatchery so as to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operations. The incumbent shall ensure that production and customer needs are met on a timely basis. This role is to ensure tasks are carried out daily with the resources provided by the Hatchery Manager or Senior Supervisor.
As this role is critical to the life cycle, the appointed supervisor will be required to participate on the on-call roster to respond to alarms in a timely manner and will be required to live near the hatchery in Beerwah.
What does a typical day look like?
- Your day will start at 4am at our Beerwah Hatchery
- Supervise the day-to-day operational requirements of the hatchery to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
- Perform monitoring and recording of the hatchery processes.
- Supervise the chicken take off and counting, designating chicken numbers to be placed per shed for deliveries.
- Supervise the cold room tasks/functions e.g. traying up, grading and preparation of sales orders.
- Prepare vaccine for processes (on an as required basis).
- Assist hatchery manager in staff supervision.
- Perform out of hours Hatchery duties including monitoring of alarms on a rotational 24hour call basis.
- Identify / monitor maintenance requirements of the hatchery and notify the hatchery manager.
- Monitor consumable stock levels and advise manager when low.
- Issue and control Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the Hatchery Staff.
- Assist with the implementation, development and on-going improvement of the Quality Assurance and Workplace Health and Safety systems.
Who are you?
- Previous experience working in a hatchery (is desirable)
- Operate multistage and single stage incubators
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident manner
- Positive approach to change
- Desirable – HR licence
If you meet the above criteria please forward your resume (including your details, previous experience, current referees and copies of qualifications) to: email@example.com
For bio-security purposes, you cannot have any avian species at home (ie birds, chickens, ducks, etc). Please send brief resume and copies of any references to the address below.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.